We collect personal data through the use of our websites in two ways: data you directly provide to us and data generated by your activity on the websites.
Data you directly provide. You can choose to voluntarily provide us personal data in the context of registering, subscribing to online newsletters. This data enables us to provide the services you have requested and may include your name, physical address, email address, phone number.
Data generated by your activity. In order to ensure the effective functioning and security of our websites and to better understand visitor behavioural patterns, as you browse our websites we automatically collect:
- Log information such as the pages you visit, the time/date of your visit as well as your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device and software information such as your browser specifications and operating system
This information is collected through the use of various technologies, including cookies which are small text files stored in your browser. If you have registered and are logged-in, your browsing activity is linked to your user credentials so that we can personalise your experience on our websites, including for future visits.
In general, access to your personal data is limited to appropriate staff within the organisation. In some circumstances we make your data available outside the Global Deal, such as for:
- Analytics: We use third-party services Google Analytics, USA, CXSense, Norway and CrazyEgg, USA, to help us understand visitor behaviour by allowing the service access to the data generated by your activity and store it using cookies. This data is processed in a way that does not directly identify you.
- Email communications: We use third party services Adestra Upland Platform, UK, and MailChimp, USA for sending bulk email communications such as newsletters, platform alerts, and event notifications. These services store contact information that you provide to us as well as information about your interactions with these emails; such as opens and clicks.
- Online surveys: We occasionally use Checkbox Survey, USA and Survicate, Poland, to run online surveys of user views.
- Online communities: We use third party services, Zapnito, UK to provide you online networking environments. These services store contact information that you provide and data generated by your activity and store it using cookies.
Data you provide directly is typically kept until you unsubscribe from the service requested. We store data about your activity on our websites and email activity for two years, after which time it is deleted.
Under our data protection rules, you have rights to access and rectify your personal data, as well as to object to its processing, request erasure, and obtain data portability in certain circumstances. To exercise these rights in connection with your use of this website please contact GlobalDeal@oecd.org